Local health departments register and inspect tattoo, body piercing and ear piercing studios. Anyone providing tattooing or piercing services must be registered with their local health department and working in a permitted studio. Those registered as a tattoo artist or body piercer must also take an approved bloodborne pathogen education course. For the local ordinance please click the link below.
- Tattoo and body piercing studios are inspected twice per year.
- Ear piercing studios are inspected once per year.
- Additional inspections are conducted on a complaint basis.
- The main areas of an inspection include sterilization, proper procedures, employee hygiene, waste disposal and record keeping.
- For the list of fees Click HERE
- Bloodborne Pathogen Education Certification Ordinance Click HERE