Eating a balanced, nutritious diet is one of the best ways to improve your overall health and help prevent a number of chronic health problems.
The Lincoln Trail District Health Department, with a registered dietitian on staff, coordinates a number of community programs to promote healthy eating and educate citizens of all ages about nutrition.
• We can provide community nutrition classes, nutrition education for after school programs and cooking classes for specific needs such as diabetes upon request.
• We host grocery store tours to educate about healthy food choices as part of special programs to address stroke prevention, diabetes prevention or weight loss.
• We provide consultation to businesses and other organizations that want to offer healthier foods and beverages in their cantinas, concession stands and vending machines.
• We can work with citizens who have medical conditions that require dietary therapy.
• We coordinate and host events that draw attention to healthy eating and offer practical solutions. For example, we offer taste testing and recipes at the Feeding America Kentucky’s Heartland mobile farmers market.
GET MORE: Ready to start eating healthier? Get started with these nutrition basics.